Social media is an essential PR tool for driving more traffic to your website; improving your standing with stakeholders; achieving more publicity; defending attacks on your brand; and overcoming unfortunate circumstances having to do with technology failures, customer complaints or outright crisis situations.
This course features interaction with award-winning PR coach and consultant Dave Menzies including written feedback on your social media plan.
This course incorporates a conference call hosted by award-winning PR coach and consultant Dave Menzies, downloadable resources, as well as written feedback on participant materials and access to a members-only Facebook group.
Length of program: 1 week
WEEK 1 CONFERENCE CALL
- social media’s place in your PR plan
- using social media to drive website traffic
- finding your customers on social media
- which social media platforms are right for you?
- building your social media channels
- avoiding social media pitfalls
- keeping tabs on competitors
- protecting your brand
- responding to negative criticism
- how to deal with bad press
- time-saving social media tools
- how to build and manage a social media plan
- how to generate hidden PR opportunities with social media
- review supporting documentation (do’s and don’ts, how to use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) emailed to participants
- build your own social media channels
- send questions to Dave Menzies to be addressed via email